Tuesday, January 30, 2018

January 30, 2018

February 17, 2009
He admits to everything except intent. Mark's death was an accident, he claims. He panicked. He kept him in an old freezer then buried him in the back yard. He covered him with a layer of cement. He used Mark's phone to lead us to believe Mark had run off with Melody. He tricked me into revealing the password for Mark's bank account. He tried to kill me when I got too close, knocked me out cold and when he thought I was dead cut off my right arm with a goddamned chainsaw before the police got there. And he will plead guilty to attempted murder of me and committing an indignity to a body and take life with the possibility of parole after 20 years if we will drop all other charges. He wants to spare me the trauma of a trial.

[Author's note - I am borrowing against tomorrow's allotment of words for this one.]

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad that despite cutting off your arm, Rob obviously still has feelings for you and wants to spare you the emotional and financial trauma of a trial.

    ReplyDelete

Catching up day 3

May 21, 2018 My grandparents were the first people I knew to own a microwave oven. Theirs was brown*, had a tiny wind...