Monday, August 27, 2018

Back from Come from Away

In 2014, when my daughter was starting a theatre program in Toronto, she picked up a music CD of the 2013 Sheridan College Musical Theatre graduating class production. She was listening to it at home one day, and when I asked what it was, she told me it was a musical about Gander  on 9/11, called Come From Away. She air-dropped it onto my computer for me (did I get that term right? It's a Mac thing). I loved it, and we both agreed it was too bad we wouldn't be able to see it.

Fast forward a few years, and her class, along with all the other theatre classes in Toronto, were invited to a dress rehearsal of Come From Away in Toronto, before the cast heads to Broadway. Imagine performing for an audience full of theatre students.

This weekend, finally, I got to see it too. I can't tell you how wonderful this show is. Just go to see it, if you ever get the chance. Just. Do. It.

4 comments:

  1. Will do. It. (Actually, I usually buy the family tickets to a play for Christmas, so thanks for this recommendation.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unlikely I'll get the chance - we miss out woefully on big musical productions down here, sadly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm guessing the road company will come to Scranton in a few years--if we're lucky! I did get to see "Beautiful" and "The Book of Mormon" that way.

    ReplyDelete

Catching up day 3

May 21, 2018 My grandparents were the first people I knew to own a microwave oven. Theirs was brown*, had a tiny wind...