Friday, June 29, 2018

Stop touching all the women!!!

I'm not a wine snob by any means. I like wine, I appreciate it. I like twirling it and sipping it and I learned a long time ago that it gives me a pleasant buzz better and faster than other drinks. But I'm not a snob. I can't describe it in terms of how caramelly or oaky or fruity it tastes, and I'll drink it if your made it yourself (after 2 glasses they all taste good), and lately I've been buying it in a carton*.

But there is a winery in the county** that sells the crispest, most delicious chardonnay, and I will gladly make the trip two or three times a year to fork over $40 each for a bottle or two. It's my wine. It speaks to me. It makes me, briefly, into a wine snob before I revert back to my cardboard carton wine.

And now I can't have it anymore. Because the owner has been stripped of his winemaker of the year award. Because, like so many other successful, talented white men with a tiny bit of celebrity, he decided he could grope and grind against his young, pretty female employees as the urge hit him.

Fuck, guys. Get your shit together.
____________

*Because it lasts longer and fits in the fridge better
**Prince Edward County - a large nearby island full of hippies and artists that was discovered about 20 years ago to have the perfect landscape/climate for growing grapes.

7 comments:

  1. I'm not a fan of white wine, so this may be a useless recommendation. But some years ago I had a Reserva chardonnay from Casillero del Diablo (Chile) that everyone agreed was very good—and surprisingly so, considering its low price. Of course, that was a different vintage year, but here are some reviews of the current version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prince Edward has the perfect landscape and climate for growing men who refuse to control themselves. Probably not the tagline they want to be known by. I'm glad they were stripped of their title.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. So much so that I need a glass of vegan wine.

      Delete
  4. I agree. That is a really cruel blow. He has hurt far more women as a result than the ones he assaulted. In many more ways than one.

    PS. I do love a good chardonnay too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like white wine too and I am sorry that you lost your favorite wine because of an asshole. I cannot go to my favorite Greek restaurant because it is owned by Mike Isabella.

    So what is the carton wine you buy?

    ReplyDelete

Catching up day 3

May 21, 2018 My grandparents were the first people I knew to own a microwave oven. Theirs was brown*, had a tiny wind...