Saturday, April 28, 2018

Michelle McNamara

The official word is no, her exhaustive research and posthumous book was not a factor in yesterday’s* arrest of Joseph DeAngelo. Maybe that’s true, but they unwittingly acknowledge her by calling him the Golden State Killer**. I like to think knowing she was coming for him gave him a lot of sleepless nights.

*I’m a couple days ahead on this, so it has now likely been 3 days since the arrest.
**Because he was known as the East Area Rapist and Original Night Stalker (EARONS) before she renamed him for her book.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, come on. And I can't believe that the book wasn't its own pressure, no matter how he was actually caught.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to go read more about this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What Mali said. Even though I'm an American and should know these things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew nothing about this until I read about the arrest and then I only glanced at the headline. I guess I have some research to do. I also do not know who Patton Oswalt is.

    ReplyDelete

Catching up day 3

May 21, 2018 My grandparents were the first people I knew to own a microwave oven. Theirs was brown*, had a tiny wind...