Wednesday, August 22, 2018

The Child and the Student


Rhyming Couplet Ideas by Maxwell McDowell

I am pleased by the appearance of "idlewild", but rhyming student with rodent is just plain lazy. 

See the calling of the child,
I think he's angry at the idlewild.

He finds it hard to see the shark,
Overshadowed by the perfect male monarch.

Who is that skipping near the cube?
I think she'd like to eat the auditory tube.

She is but a smart student,
Admired as she sits upon a rodent.

Her jolly car is just a friend,
It needs no gas, it runs on blend.

She's not alone she brings a ghost,
a pet aardvark, and lots of blade roast.

The aardvark likes to chase a snail,
Especially one that's in the zale.

The child shudders at the academic turtle
He want to leave but she wants the ertel.

3 comments:

  1. Okay, I like the idea of a ghost, pet aardvark, and blade roast. Agree that student/rodent rhyme was criminal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we can all agree that the real MM, when time allows, is the better writer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hate the rhyme, but somehow like that she's admired for sitting on a rodent. Really low bar these kids set!

    ReplyDelete

Catching up day 3

May 21, 2018 My grandparents were the first people I knew to own a microwave oven. Theirs was brown*, had a tiny wind...